The document of declaration entails the following information about the shipment –
- The country of origin of the product
- The route to be taken by the shipment
- The destination of the product being exported
- The tariff code
- A brief description of the goods being exported
The EAS – The Experts of Certificate of Origin Attestation
The Purpose of Certificate of Origin
Preferential COO also serves as an intelligent instrument to reduce or exempt tariffs when exported to the countries that extend the privilege.
When is Attestation of Certificate of Origin Required?
Attested COO is required primarily in two situations –
- By exporters who intend to trade across international borders
- By business owners who have set up offices in a foreign country
How Much Does the Certificate of Origin Attestation Cost?
How Long Does It Take for the Certificate of Origin Attestation?
What to Do Before Submitting the Documents?
Before submitting the Certificate of Origin documents for Attestation at the EAS office, you need to do the following –
- Original Copy of the Certificate of Origin along with the Invoice
- A cover letter on a company letterhead should favour the respective Embassy.
Don’t get stressed regarding the certificates, as our concerned team communicates with you on the exact documents required for attestation in your specific case. We guarantee the privacy of your papers during the whole attestation procedure.
What is the Process for the Certificate of Origin Attestation?
The authorized offices such as the MEA and the respective Embassy must attest to the Certificate of Origin to legalize it for foreign commercial use. This procedure takes place in three main steps, namely, –
- Step 1 – The EAS : The EAS is a permitted private agency collecting the Certificate of Origin from India and submitting them to the MEA and Foreign Consulate. Contacts at the EAS is the first step of the Certificate of Origin Attestation procedure.
- Step 2 – Chamber of Commerce : Like every commercial document, the Certificate of Origin is also sent to the Chamber of Commerce for the first step of the notarization journey. The certificate is legalized with the authorized stamping at the front of the document by the local Chamber of Commerce.
- Step 3 – Ministry of External Affairs : The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), headquartered in Delhi, has outsourced the collection and delivery of the documents required for COO attestation. Once the required documents reach the officials through the authorized channels, the certificate's authenticity is verified with a stamp.
- Step 4 – The Embassy Attestation : This is the last step of the attestation process, and the document is verified and attested by the embassy of the respective country for whom the certificate is being verified.
Why Choose EAS for Certificate of origin Attestation Services?
At EAS, we make authentication a breeze for businesses so they can focus on their core activities while we help them with our expertise that includes –
- Guided service – Our experts will guide you through every detail of the service, from the documents required at every stage to updating you regularly regarding the ongoing process.
- No worries with low involvement – Once you fill in the details and provide your documents along with the required fee, you can sit back and relax. Our team does everything required in the complex procedure to get your certificate attested.
- Trustworthy - While handling your original certificate, we ensure 100% care, so the job gets done without any hassle, and no harm comes to your documents which is a common concern among people who go for local vendors.
- SUPER-FAST SERVICE
- FREE PICKUP/DELIVERY SERVICE ACROSS THE INDIA
- PAY ONLINE SERVICE CHARGE BY BANK TRANSFER, CARD, CHEQUE, PAYTM, UPI, PAYPAL
Free delivery service in India only. The courier service charge is applicable for delivery overseas, according to the courier service’s rates.
Our experts are always at your disposal to notify you of the status of the export Certificate of Origin attestation and answer your doting queries. We also update you with any extension or hurdle in the process, so you stay prepared. If you wish to learn more about our services, get in touch with us today!