Attestation is done to prove the genuineness of your documents. There may be people who would submit fake documents in another country. How will that country know about the authenticity of the document? Attestation is done for this purpose. Attestation is like a government body is certifying that your documents are authenticated.
There are thousands, even lakhs of people visiting a country. How would the country know if the people who are travelling are genuine or not? How will the country verify the authenticity of the documents of the individuals? How will the educational, personal, and commercial documents of a person be verified to avoid any travel restriction on the person? To travel to a foreign country, you need a visa. You would be provided a visa only when all your documents are verified and attested. All your documents, be it degrees, affidavit, bill, etc., will be duly verified, and a stamp would be provided.
Different types of attestations available
- HRD Attestation: HRD stands for Human Resource Department. Here you can attest your educational documents like a degree certificate to prove their originality. It is required if you want to pursue your higher studies from a different country.
- Notary attestation: Here, you can attest to your personal document like birth certificates, death certificates, etc. They can attest to various types of documents for a number of reasons.
- Embassy attestation: If you want to visit a particular country, you will have to attest all your documents through that country's embassy. For instance, if you are travelling to UAE, you need to attest your documents through the Embassy of UAE in New Delhi.
- MEA attestation: MEA stands for Ministry of External Affairs. It is done after all the state attestation.
- Apostille: Apostille refers to a certificate that is issued by the Secretary of State. This certificate would be attached to your documents proving that they are authenticated.
So we have understood everything about document attestation. You must get all your documents attested if you are visiting a foreign country. If you don’t take attestation seriously, maybe that you will have a hard time settling in another country. It is high time that we start taking attestation seriously.
Contact us for more information