The EAS – The Experts of Invoice Attestation
Importan of the Export Invoice?
A tax invoice received by a buyer or recipient is essential for claiming input tax credit (ITC) under the CGST Act. In India, GST-registered businesses must offer GST-compliant invoices to their clientele. And such an invoice must include fields mentioned in the CGST Rules and Rule 46.
Purpose of Invoice Attestation
The act of attestation of commercial invoice by authorized person / persons / departments / authorities verifies the document’s authenticity and confirms that proper legalized procedure was followed to acquire the specified invoice. Attestation in India is a gradational procedure involving many government departments and authorities.
How Much Does the Invoice Attestation Cost?
How Long Does It Take for the Invoice Attestation?
What to Do Before Submitting the Documents?
Before submitting the Invoice documents for Attestation at the EAS office, you need to do the following –
- Original Copy of the Invoice and Certificate of Origin
- A cover letter on a company letterhead should favour the respective Embassy.
Don’t get stressed regarding the certificates, as our concerned team communicates with you on the exact documents required for attestation in your specific case. We guarantee the privacy of your papers during the whole attestation procedure.
What is the Process for the Invoice Attestation?
Invoice Attestation is a lengthy process to get an attestation from the Ministry of External Affairs and the respective Embassy. The method includes verification from the officials of the Chamber of Commerce also.
- Step 1 – The EAS : The EAS is a permitted private agency collecting the Invoice from India and submitting them to the MEA and Foreign Consulate. Contacts at the EAS is the first step of the Invoice Attestation procedure.
- Step 2 – Chamber of Commerce : The initial and mandatory step in the attestation journey of invoices happens at the Chamber of Commerce. Every commercial document, invoices included, is required to be legalized at the Chamber of Commerce of the state where the business is registered. Once the document is verified, a traditional ink stamp is applied at the back of the invoice.
- Step 3 – Ministry of External Affairs : The MEA authenticates the invoice based on the attestation done by the Chamber of Commerce of the designated state or territory where the invoice was issued. The Ministry of External Affairs is headquartered in Delhi but has outsourced its attestation service since 2012. And, anyone can not submit invoices directly to the MEA headquarter.
- Step 4 – The Embassy Attestation : Once the MEA completes the verification, the Embassy conducts the final step of Invoice attestation. And a computer-generated seal is applied on the back of the document along with the authorized official's signature.
Why Choose the EAS Group?
At EAS, we make authentication a breeze for businesses so they can focus on their core activities while we help them with our expertise that includes –
- Trustworthy Service – We have earned decades of expertise in the field to rise as one of the leaders in the attestation. Our consistency and quality of service have helped us sustain our rank in the market as a leader over the years.
- Reasonable Pricing – We have priced our services competitively to ensure that every business, big or small, can provide our convenient service at the best price possible.
- Job Done with 100% Care While handling your original certificate and documents, we ensure 100% care, so the job gets done without any hassle, and your documents face no harm in the process.
- SUPER-SPEEDY SERVICE
- FREE PICKUP/DELIVERY SERVICE ACROSS THE INDIA
- PAY ONLINE SERVICE CHARGE BY BANK TRANSFER, CARD, CHEQUE, PAYTM, UPI, PAYPAL
Free delivery service in India only. The courier service charge is applicable for delivery overseas, according to the courier service’s rates.
Our experts are always at your disposal to notify you of the status of the export invoice attestation and answer your doting queries. We also update you with any extension or hurdle in the process, so you stay prepared. If you wish to learn more about our services, get in touch with us today!